Thursday, July 31, 2014

Getting cross-eyed!!!

Today for some reason I was drawn to the Hurlburt section of the tree.  I've known for a while that it's a mess ... thought maybe this was a good time to try to sort it all out.  When I look at the tree on ancestry as Family View, as opposed to Pedigree View all I can say is Oh. My. God!!!  So many lines criss-crossing this way and that from cousins marrying back and forth over and over and over!!!  Confusion reigns with lack of dates of birth or death ... then we have a bunch of brothers who decide to name some of their kids the SAME NAME.  Over and over again!  Come on people -- someone should have dragged them by the ear to the next village to meet some other girls and introduce some original names to the family.  Once again I am ever-so-grateful and amazed that we who have descended from these people don't have tails and a 3rd arm.
It's late, I've got to get up early tomorrow, needless to say the Hurlburts will have to wait for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment