Thursday, March 6, 2014

Connections


As I search I try to be as thorough as I can at every branch of this convoluted tree of mine.  I know Capt Jesse's people are in there somewhere, it's just a matter of figuring out where.  He did a damn good job of wiping away the footprints that would lead anyone from his military service back to his parents, grands, etc.  

Most of the families from about the early 1900s and back had many kids ... often more than 10, some with the same or similar names even within the same family.  That makes for a lot of spouses, children and inlaws.  The branches just keep spreading the further along I go.  

Many times I'll be working my way through a branch and I get lost ... no idea how I got there, so I pick a name and click "view relationship to me" for a little perspective and I get something like this:

"wife of grandson of husband of aunt of husband of 1st great grand niece of husband of mother"

... maybe just a tad off track, you think?  But I am convinced that this is the way to find him so I'll just keep on filling in the names until I find THE name.

No comments:

Post a Comment